Bluetooth is effortlessly the best in cordless handheld
technology. As it pertains to learning, Bluetooth
will get quite complicated. To help you, you’ll find
the main element learning points of Bluetooth below:
1. Bluetooth is an energy effective, low
overhead communication protocol that’s ideal for
2. Unlike infrared, Bluetooth does not need
a line of sight.
3. Dependent on the implementation, Bluetooth
might have a range all the way to 100 meters.
4. The specification of Bluetooth contains
a Foundation Profile Document and a Foundation Core
5. The protocol stack for Bluetooth consists
of core protocols, cable protocols, as well as adjusted
6. The transmitter operates across the 2.4
GHz regularity band.
7. The data channel can change regularity, or
hops, 1,600 times in a second, involving the 79 allocated
channels in the ISM band.
8. Bluetooth utilizes a spread spectrum
frequency hopping RF characteristic to ensure
independant networking operates whenever other
devices have been in range.
9. A piconet is formed when a number of
devices open a channel of communication.
10. A piconet might have a master and up to
11. Communication of the interdevice is
based on the principles of networks.
12. All Bluetooth products can handle
13. The channel has an overall total capacity of
1 MB per second.
14. There are two main kinds of networks with
Bluetooth – SCO (Synchronous Connection Oriented) and
ACL (Asynchronous Connectionless).
15. The SCO channels are time oriented, and
are therefore primarily employed for transferring time
critical data such as for instance sound.
16. ACL networks are usually useful for
17. Data contained in a packet can be up to
2,745 bits in length.
18. In a single piconet, there might be up
to three SCO links containing 64,000 bits a second
19. To avoid collision and timing problems,
SCO links are reserved slots being create by
20. The masters can help as much as three
SCO links with just one, two, or three slaves.
21. The slots that are not reserved for SCO
links may be used as ACL links.
22. The LMP (Link Management Protocol)
will handle website link degree protection, error corrections,
while the establishment of communications links.
23. The LMP packets could have concern
over user packets that originate and form the
24. The L2CAP layer will guarantee an
appropriate quality of service.
25. A maximum of one ACL link can occur
at the L2CAP layer.